Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Surgery

Thursday was the big day- Jake's mouth surgery (see Tooth Trouble). He insisted on being the tough guy and driving himself to and from the oral surgeon's office. He left looking something like this:



And came home looking like this:



The surgery actually went really well. Jake's main complaint was the doctor didn't have a tv screen on the ceiling to watch, or headphones and music to listen to, and he forgot to take his ipod. He wasn't able to eat anything but soft foods like yogurt and liquids the first night, so he was pretty hungry. But he hasn't been in a lot of pain, and he didn't really even swell up except the first day. I'm just glad we have good insurance- this was an EXPENSIVE procedure! Keep your fingers crossed that he's all fixed!

6 comments:

Krystal said...

Funny that Jake insisted on being so tuff. Daron always wants to have extra special treatment when he's sick or in pain. I hope he's all better and that your kids don't inherit his teeth!

dishes and laundry said...

Get feeling better soon!

Jen-ben said...

Oh my gosh...AMBER...I was completely thinking that Dallin was Jake when you posted about this last! That's why I said "poor baby" LOL! I'm kind of embarrassed I just called your man a baby. :)

Jen-ben said...

I mean that Jake was Dallin. See, I'm all flustered now!

Amber said...

Jen, I just thought you were being sympathetic! I won't tell Jake you called him a baby!

Nora Mair said...

Awwwe--poor fish... looks like he's feeling better. And baby Abbie--first I've heard the name and nice choice.