Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The "Man Store"

When we bought an older house, we know there would be some home improvement projects. I must admit, I didn't realize HOW MANY there would be! We (I mean Jake) spent a lot of time working on the house before we moved in, including major projects like painting the entire house, tiling the entry way, laundry room and two bathrooms, and ripping up the old carpet to have new carpet installed. And there have been many small projects since. Any way, this became our favorite store (at least the store where we spent the most money):

Around our house, it has loving called the "man store" by Dallin. Jake tries to make a trip to Lowe's exciting by asking Dallin, "do you want to go to the MAN STORE with daddy?" So now any time we drive past Lowe's, Dallin says in a really low voice: "there's the MAAAN STOOOORE!"

Here's the latest project that involved a trip to the "man store"; building Dallin a new dresser so we can use Dallin's dresser/ changing table for baby Abbie:


3 comments:

paige said...

We feel the same way about Lowe's! There is one so close that it's a weekly occurrence, weather we are spending $10 or much more. :) That's cute to call it the man store, and I love the picture of Dallin helping Jake! So cute!

Jan said...

We want to see the finished project! it looks so fun...

Unknown said...

Wow, he is building a dresser. What a man! I think I love the "man store" as much as my husband, the possibilities are endless!