With the birth of a new baby looming over my head, I admit I've been preoccupied with constant baby thoughts. I realize Dallin may have been a teensie bit neglected because of this. So I wanted to post some of the amazing things about him, and some of the milestones he's reached in his short, but jam-packed, 2 years of life.
- He talks SO well. He speaks in complete sentences, and even reminds me to say "please" in a whole sentence if I forget.
- He can sing his ABC's, very clearly, and only skips the letter K.
- He can count to eleven!
- He has an AMAZing memory- he can quote lines from his shows, and remembers details of experiences from weeks ago.
- He has a great sense of direction, and remembers how to get places (this he DEFINITELY doesn't get from me!). He knows what light to turn at for the bank, even if he can't see the bank. He knows we pass "Dallin's church" if coming home from the "souf" and Wal-mart if we're coming home from the "norf".
- He LOVES candy! (What kid doesn't?)

- His favorite Primary songs are "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" and "Book of Mormon Stories". He can sing both all the way through by himself.
- He loves to wrestle with Daddy! As soon as Jake comes home from work, Dallin runs up to him and says, "Let's WRESTLE!"
- When he talks to baby Abbie, he puts his ear against my tummy, not his mouth, as if he's waiting for her to answer!
- He's getting really good at following directions from me and doing things himself. He helps clean up his toys every night, can put his "slippers" (crocs) on and off by himself, and get himself undressed.
- He can say his full name!
- And my favorite: After family prayers each night he wants a "big squeeze" (family hug) and then says very sweetly, "I love you, Mommy and Daddy!"

I love you, too, Dallin!!!





6 comments:
And he can play playdough with his toes... impressive. What a cute boy.
He's getting so big!!! Where did the time go?
He is so Cute! I am so impressed! I cant believe you only have two weeks left! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
I've told you before, Dallin makes me want to have another boy. He is just so sweet and his voice is so cute. He is definitely smart, too! You are such a lucky mom to have a fun little guy like him!
How fun! He is absolutely adorable and incredibly handsome. Good luck with the next two weeks. (I actually thought it was easier going from 1 to 2 kids, rather than going from no kids to having even one. But, I know that everybody is different. There's always adjustment, but you'll do great!)
Ah! I can't wait until my baby counter says 13 days! Hopefully you can keep her in until then! Good luck! :)
Post a Comment