Tuesday, February 19, 2008

T Minus 6 Weeks and Counting


That's right, I only have 6 weeks of pregnancy left. I thought it was fitting to use the rocket-launching method of counting to countdown my pregnancy, because when this baby comes, it will rock my world as much as putting a rocket into space!

Only 6 weeks! And in my situation, I'm hoping for no more and no less. I know, I know, who DOESN'T want to have their baby early?!! Unfortunately, ME. It's mostly for insurance reasons. I wasn't expecting to get pregnant fast after how long it took with Dallin. Well, we got it right the first try this time. So fast, some of our insurance won't be effective until a few days AFTER my actual due date. So no long walks, spicy foods, and you-know-what for me at the end of my pregnancy!

Only 6 weeks! I'm honestly not sure whether I'm excited or nervous that it's almost over. When I was pregnant with Dallin, I couldn't wait for him to be born. I remember at my 36 week check up, the doctor said his lungs were probably developed, and he would be pretty much fine if he were born any time now. And I thought, "I'm ready! Now is great!" I'm not that anxious this time around. Don't get me wrong- I'm excited to have a new baby again. I love how sweet, and soft, and snuggly they are. I love how AMAZING they are doing nothing but sleeping! And I can't wait to have a baby girl! Also, I am definitely ready to be done being pregnant. Pregnancy is so exhausting! I get worn out doing simple things like picking up around the house. I have the mobility of an 80-year old woman! But this time around I KNOW what having a newborn is like. I'm no longer naive like I was with my first. I know how exhausting being a new mommy is, too!

I guess it's good that deciding when to have this baby (or whether or not to have this baby!) isn't up to me, because I am clearly an indecisive person.

7 comments:

Lorin said...

Whoo-hoo! I feel like 6 weeks is a great place to start the count down. :) With our insurance, this baby could come in May & we would be set. Not that I want that to happen, but it took us longer this time...anyway, I am excited for you!

Oh, & thanks for the advice on the Midrin. I just started taking it today & have still had mild headaches, but I think after a day or two it should get better... If I can actually keep track of when I need to take it!

paige said...

Ok, that was not a comment by Lorin. Sorry to get your hopes up about 2 comments, but it's just me again. I forgot Lorin was signed in. Anyway, keep us updated on the next 6 weeks!

Unknown said...

Don't let her fool you, I have been swimming with her the last two weeks, she kicks my butt!

Nora Mair said...

Good luck. I love the rocket analogy. Rock your world. he he You're a pro with Dallin--It'll be no sweat.

Amber said...

Thanks, Nora!

And Marisa's right- my mobility is only limited on land; in water I'm still a fish!

Krystal said...

I can't believe it's coming so soon, I can't wait to meet little Abigail, I'm still totally jealous that you get to have the first girl, not that I'll ever have one, but still.

Emily said...

Yeah! Congratulations and good luck on the nesting.