
Jake was off work today because of his teeth (see post below) and I wanted toDO something. No matter the reason, whenever Jake doesn't have to work, I feel like we have to do something special. Today, some of our favorite family activities, like swimming, were definitely out because he was in so much pain, even doped up on pain killers. So we took Dallin to a movie at the theater for the first time! We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks.
It wasn't my favorite movie. Jake and I both agreed that we enjoy the Pixar animated movies better- they have better acting, and funny lines even adults appreciate. But Dallin seemed to enjoy it. He loved the music and the dancing, and of course, popcorn (mama's boy!). He didn't sit down in his chair the whole time, but he didn't wander up and down the stairs or ask to leave half way through, as I'd secretly feared. He didn't quite understand being quiet in the theater, but it was pretty much empty, and who cares if kids talk in a kids' show? At least now we know we can enjoy a movie as a family activity! Don't you think Jake looks a little like Jason Lee??
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





3 comments:
You are so brave! Not to head to the movie theater, that is one of our favorites to do ... without Lorin, though. He has never come because we always go when he is at work (I always want to do something fun & different on Lorin's days off, too...like I hate to waste it doing "normal" things.) :) I don't think I could sit through Alvin & the Chipmunks. It has been the only kid movie out for awhile, as you probably noticed... so we haven't been to the theater since we saw The Bee Movie probably. Anyway, their voices give me a headache...what doesn't these days? I'm glad Dallin liked it though! Maybe we can rent it for Polly & let her watch it by herself. :)
So sorry Jake about your surgery. Tough... I loved Chipmunks Christmas...a "echo harmonica" I haven't seen the new one yet.
Seth gets to go to movies with his Grandma as their activity together. We took Jonah for the first time to Bee Movie. He loved it and sits through movies better than Seth. It really is a great family activity.
Post a Comment