
I know it's a little late to do a post on President Hinkley since his death, but I was just sent a really sweet picture video of his life:
http://youtube.com/watch?v
Watching this made me think of what a wonderful man he was and what an influential life he led. One of my favorite memories of him is the dedication of the Mt Timpanogos Temple. I was in jr. high in utah county, and we had tickets to attend the dedication. Well, there are 6 kids in my family, and we were late to the dedication, like we were to everything while I was growing up. We arrived just before the dedication was to begin. The ushers led us around the whole temple, looking for open seats. My dad didn't want us to split up, so there weren't many options. Finally, we were led into the celestial room. Not knowing how the dedication worked, I looked around the room and was confused that there wasn't a tv like in the other rooms. Just then, President Hinkley, President Monson, and President Faust walked into the room! My sister and I were about 4 rows back, and the rest of my family was on the very front row! I could feel the strong spirits of those wonderful men as soon as they walked into the room. Being able to see and hear President Hinkley, in person, dedicate that temple became one of the pillars of my testimony of him as a true prophet.
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





2 comments:
so cool. That temple is georgous. I love that video. My sis had it on her blog too. So good.
That is a great video, I have it on my blog as well. Lorin wouldn't watch it at work or around me in fear that he would cry. Silly boy.
MY heck, 43 days left!! I am jealous!
Post a Comment