Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving

I guess I should post about our Thanksgiving, even though it was a week ago. I am already so caught up in Christmas, that Thanksgiving seems a distant past! We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Heber, with lots of family, lots of cooking, and lots of eating. I made two DELICIOUS pies, thanks to our Relief Society holiday cooking class. I made a banana cream pie from scratch, including the custard filing, and an apple pie with a crunch topping. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. UMMM, so yummy! That night we left Dallin at my parents' house, and went home to get ready for our trip to California. Wait, before you get jealous, we spent 2 days in the car, and 1 1/2 days actually in California. You can see why we didn't take Dallin- 24 hours in a car for a one day pretend vacation did not sound like a trip for a toddler! We drove all day Friday (correction: Jake drove, I watched lots of movies and slept) arriving in Huntington beach at about 5:30 pm. Saturday we spent with Jake's family for his cousin's wedding. You guessed it: there was lots of dancing, and of course Jake was the star of the show. At the end of the wedding the DJ said "Osmonds, eat your hearts out. There are some good dancers here!" Then we spent all day Sunday in the car driving home. Unfortunately, I left my camera at my parents' house, so I don't have any pictures to document this exciting trip. But, I didn't want this post to be boring without pictures, so here's one of Dallin from today.

Love the oreo cookie- stache!

1 comment:

dishes and laundry said...

I'm so intrigued about the dancing. Jake will have to demonstrate. I love a man who can dance and isn't afraid to boogie.

Glad you had a nice holiday.