I've heard that you take less pictures of your second baby/ child than you did of your first. Well, it's happening already to me. When I was pregnant with Dallin we took a picture of my stomach every month to track my progress. We also took a picture of Jake every month to see if he gained any sympathy weight. Do you think he did? Nope! I don't think he CAN gain weight. But with this second pregnancy, we can't seem to remember to take pictures! We took tons of pictures when we found out I was pregnant with Dallin. The first picture we took this time was when I was 11 weeks, after I'd already had my first doctor's appointment! We've only taken two "pregnancy progress" pictures total, one in the first trimester, and one in the second. I guess this time we'll make it a trimester tracking, rather than a monthly one.
Here's me 2 weeks ago, at about 19 weeks.

And here's Jake: 2 weeks ago, and the month before we had Dallin. See any change in 2 years? The only difference is he's sucking in on the second picture!


Looking back on those pictures, maybe it wasn't such a good idea- do I really want it documented how HUGE I got? And why did I let Jake take my picture first thing in the morning? What was I thinking? The picture of my stomach on my due date would have proved how huge I got to those of you who look at me now and say "you don't even look pregnant!" I know, I just look kinda fat. But that picture was way too ugly and embarrassing to post! Maybe that's why I've been "forgetting" to take pictures this pregnancy.







6 comments:
That is so great that you took all those pictures with Dallin. I have alwaysd heard that it is common for your first to be the worst with retaining water & bloing up in yourface, etc. So atleast you got that! The only pictures I can think of that we took are around 3 months & one a month before Polly was born. I took one before leaving to go get induced, but our computer crashed & those pictures weren't back up yet. :( So sad. Not really. :)
You are so cute! I love the pictures - you'll be so glad you have them.
We took tons of pictures of both our boys - we were sending weekly letters and pix to their birthmoms for the first year. But after the year was up - the pictures died down so fast. This was before digital cameras - we kept running to Harmons to develop film every week.
I didn't know your boys were adopted! No wonder they look so different from each other!
First of all, may I say how daring you are to post your bare stomach. I'm pretty sure I don't have the guts to do that - pregnant or not. Secondly, you look adorable in all the pictures, Finally, little Abigail (or whatever you name her) will survive - I promise. Plus, I'm sure you won't have a problem taking pictures once she arrives!
Forget forget forget...I would always tell people who said,you don't even look pregnant, "oh but I won't disappoint" You are brave to post a belly shot.
You look great!
Post a Comment