Monday, November 26, 2007

Ta Da!

The week before Thanksgiving, we finally painted an accent wall in our living room. When we bought the house, we painted the whole thing one color before we moved in, just to get it done, and I have been planning to go back and add accent walls and paint some rooms different colors ever since. It's been 7 months! I finally was daring enough to decide on a color and get the painting done in our living room. I'll admit, I'm a little afraid of color. I worry if it will look right, if it will match, if it will look like a clown house, etc. In our condo, I justified my lack of colorful decorating on the fact that we weren't staying long in the condo, and wanted it nuetral for resale value. (It worked- we sold our condo in a week and a half!) I don't have that excuse any more. It was an Ikea commercial that finally put me over the edge- the commercial shows a boring room with beige walls, beige carpet, beige furniture, beige decorations, etc. That's exactly how our house looked! The commercial ends with the caption: be brave, not beige. So I was brave! I choose a light olive color, and convinced Jake to help me on a Friday night. Here are the before and after shots. Sorry they turned out a little dark!

5 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Well look at that! When I was at your house, I remember all the paint samples hanging on the wall.

I love it! It gives the room so much more dimension - very warm and inviting. Yay for color!

Brandi said...

You know I love it!!

Jen-ben said...

oooh, looks FAB!
ps I'm telling Jake about McSteamy....

Unknown said...

Hooray for being brave and not beige! I absolutely love color! You picked a great green, I can't wait to see it in person.

Nora Mair said...

Green is such a calming color. Nice job. It looks great.