We have some obsessions at our house. Jake is obsessed with World of Warcraft (WoW). I am now obsessed with blogging- mostly reading other people's blogs. And Dallin is just plain obsessed with computers. He loves playing WoW with Jake. He calls it "getting bad guys". In the second picture, he's showing me how he 'gets them'. He says you "use magics". For now, it's hilarious. Maybe I'll think differently when Dallin's 6 or 7 seven and I can't get him or Jake off the computer! Dallin also loves to look at blogs with me. He loves to see the pictures, and either asks to "see pictures Dallin," or to "see cousins"; don't be surprised if he thinks all of your kids are his cousins, even though we're not related!
Jake would also tell you I'm obsessed with Dallin sleeping, and I'd have to admit it's true. I'm very strict about bedtime, and always make sure to be home for Dallin to take his nap. But I've learned from experience what happens to Dallin if I'm NOT strict about letting him sleep. He really has a Dr. Jekel/ Mr. Hyde personality between a well rested Dallin and a tired Dallin. But, he's the best sleeper I know! He never fights me when it's time for bed or a nap, and I never have to go into his room in the night (unless he's sick). Since Halloween, however, we were having some problems. Two or three days I put him down for a nap, and he never went to sleep. He didn't cry, but just jumped in his bed and talked to himself. I finally figured out he had way too much candy from the ward trunk-or-treat, and trick-or-treating at Jake's work and in the neighborhood, so I stopped letting him have candy every day. Then we switched from daylight savings. It really messed Dallin up. Why, oh why do I have to be tortured like this with the time change? I'm not a farmer, I don't need more daylight! Dallin was still getting up at his normal time, 7:30 to him, but the clock said 6:30. And I haven't been able to put him to bed earlier, so he's had an average of an hour less sleep a night. Which messed up his naps, which messed up MY naps, and we've both been unusually cranky. But today- a breakthrough! He finally took a really long nap, almost 3 hours, and we are both so much happier!
.jpg)
.jpg)





8 comments:
Those pictures warm my heart - so glad to know that others are obsessed too. Get those bad guys, Dallin!
Good for you on being strict with naps & bedtime. I am lucky that Polly has always been flexible (or maybe she just adapted because I never keep a good routine...) sometimes she doesn't even take a nap at all anymore! Poor kid! Congratulations on getting a long nap out of him. I am sure you are pooped & need a nap even more than he does!
That is great if father and son have a hobby they can enjoy together!
That is great if father and son have a hobby they can enjoy together!
Love the naps. I think they let you love your children that much more.
perrrfect! My obsession is the computer. I seriously have to riiiip myself away. sad really. Yours are much better!
I second Jen. I spend too much time on this thing...
Greg's a World of Warcraft player as well (when I let him). I call the game, "The Other Woman." He says he's "saving the world." It's good to know there are other women out there battling the same thing. :)
Post a Comment