GIRL!!! WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!! What am I going to do? We are actually very excited. I'm a little shocked still, but Jake says this is the most excited he's been my whole pregnancy! I think I've been convincing myself that it was a boy so that I wouldn't be disappointed that I wasn't having a girl. I should have listened to Dallin- as soon as I told him we were going to have a baby, he said it was a sister! My mom thinks he remembers her! The doctor said she was 98% sure it was a girl, so I guess we can plan on it. Now the pressure's off- one boy, one girl. It doesn't matter what comes next!
I know this was a sneaky way to get people to look at my blog, but I knew I'd get comments this way. And I love getting comments! We're thinking of the name Abigail. I really love it, and love the nickname Abbie, but then I checked the popularity of the name. In 2006, Abigail was number 6 in the nation! Is that too common? Especially with a last name like Smith? Now I'm torn!
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





18 comments:
Congrats!!! Girls are so much fun, you have to have at least one!!!
That is great! Love those Girls!!!
Yea girl! So fun! Watch out, shopping will be tough, there are just so many options....
That is SO exciting! Congratulations!!! Girls are wonderful. You trade the energy for emotions, but we have years of experience with those. :-)
Amber Jr. will be so much fun! You'll love it & Dallin will be a great big brother. :)
yay!!! Congrats!!! That's so exciting....dressing girls is so much more fun.
First of all, how daring of you to talk about "what comes next" while you're still pregnant. Secondly, this is a great way to get people to look at your blog (maybe I should fake another pregnancy). Finally, Congratulations! Girls really are a blast. Tell Jake to watch out though - there is just something about a Daddy and his little girl. I didn't really understand the phrase "wrapped around my finger" until I saw Greg with Macy. I'm afraid you'll be doing all the discipline! Do you have names yet?
Congratulations! Of course Dallin remembers her!
Congrats! We are very excited to have more girls in the Gottfredson's great grandbabies group. We love having girls in our family. They are sweet things. We can't wait to meet your little girl.
Gongrats, woman.
Hey Amber! I'm so happy you're getting your girl! Emily is so right about daddy's little girl. :) You will love having two!!! It's work, but it's worth it when you see your two little poopsies play together. When I hear Cadence and Zack giggling in the other room, it makes my day! Congratulations!
YEA! Amber, I'm so excited for you! Bring on the pink stuff! It's such a welcome change after all the blue. I love the name Abigail. It's so pretty. I don't think that it is as popular. I can't think of anyone with that name at the moment. I think you should go with it. CONGRATULATIONS!
Sorry, Amber, I'm a dork. I asked you if you have any names yet, and you already posted one. I must have missed that paragraph when I scrolled down. Anyway...I think if you love the name, you should use it!
Congrats Amber! I love girl stuff its sooo cute. If Leyton was a girl I would be completely poor :)
I wouldn't worry about the name being too common as long as you guys like it.
I was "Emily S." my entire school career, and I survived. I never hated my name. Plus, I always have to spell my last name (I had to spell my maiden name, too), so it was nice to only have to spell one name.
I am so excited for you! Girls are so much fun. Congratulations!!! Jan
Good luck with the name game. You are lucky that you & Jake both loved the name Dallin. We had a hard time with a girl name & can't agree on any boy names either. :) I love Abigail & it goes really well with Smith. It is hard to love a name until you see a face...for me anyway. Nice to know that you are half way done though, right?
Post a Comment