I may be solidifying my reputation as a loser, but I'm going to write it anyway: I hate the writers' strike! I miss TV! My name is Amber, and I'm addicted to TV. I'm totally a junkie. I don't watch TV just to watch, but I am addicted to a few shows. I miss shows like Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, and House. Monday nights, 'family night' used to mean me and Jake watching 24 after Dallin went to sleep. And Thursday nights during volleyball season used to be a debate for me: go play volleyball, or watch The Office and Grey's? And how can they stop airing new episodes in the MIDDLE OF THE SEASON? How will I ever know what happens between Meredith and McDreamy? Are Pam and Jim still happy? What will Michael do next to jeopardize Dunder Mifflin? Who did House pick for his final three doctors? A new season of Lost is starting soon, but I've heard they only have eight episodes. That certainly won't cure my itch.
Granted, there are still the reality and contest shows. But I usually don't watch American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, etc, until the finale- too much melo-drama and scripting for me. I will occasionally watch The Biggest Loser, just because I'm AMAZED at how obese people can get, and I really admire their dedication to losing weight and being healthier. But I miss the drama, the action, the comedy, of network shows.
My sister is a junkie, too, and we think it's because our TV was so limited when we were growing up. I mean REALLY limited. There were times when we were restricted to one 1/2 hour show a day, or to watching only channels 7 or 11, or to taping our shows so we could skip the commercials and the ads for "questionable" shows we weren't allowed to watch (like 90210). Before the strike, tuning into the tube was how I relaxed after a hard day. I feel like something is missing from my life.
I never thought that some strangers in Hollywood could disrupt my life so much. I say give the greedy little writers whatever they want- I need my McDreamy fix!
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





6 comments:
I guess that's the one good thing about not having TV right now...there is nothing on!! I have been watching NBC shows on the website but it's just not cutting it. :)
Amber.. I am so there with you. That is our relaxation too... I am getting really angry! I told jason the other day the whole nation is going to go on strike..LOL.. Give the writers what they want.. WE WANT OUR TV BACK!
I love television too! I also was severely restricted on my tv when I was growing up - there were times when we could watch just a 1/2 hour a day, nothing on Sunday until after 6, and even a locked box with a timer inside that would turn the tv on at the approved time and turn it off after the half hour.
I miss my shows!!!
Amber, what you are experiencing is a medical term called withdrawal. Give it 28 days and you will feel better. Unfortunately there are no recovery support groups in our area. Maybe you and your sister could look into starting one.
You are so funny! My mom used to put a lock on the TV plug.
We had a plug cut off with a remote my mom hid and only 1 hour a day during summer vacation. no evening tv ever. But I watched all the tv I wanted when I baby sat...and they thought I was there to watch the children.... None of my shows have been affected (or effected) by the writers strike. I like Ellen and Amazing Race.
Post a Comment