In a few days, Dallin will turn two. I can't believe he's been in our lives for two years! My life hasn't been the same since those two little purple lines appeared on the pregnancy test, and I knew I was going to be a mommy. I marvel at the changes I've experienced in my life from the moment the doctor first placed Dallin in my arms, all wrinkled and crying, and the most beautiful person I'd ever seen! Giving birth was the most miraculous day of my life. I actually created and gave birth to a living, breathing, walking, talking, exploring, whining, learning, loving human being! "Mother" took on a whole new meaning. I've had a lot of experiences in my life, and accomplished many things, but nothing compares to having a baby (even with the weight gain).
Tomorrow, we're having a birthday party for Dallin with his cousins at his favorite place on earth: Chuck E. Cheese. People will be celebrating Dallin by giving him gifts and singing to him. But I can't help but claim some of the glory for myself- after all, if it weren't for me (ok, and Jake) Dallin wouldn't be here. So for the next few moments, while my happiness sleeps peacefully upstairs, I'm celebrating me and my contribution to the world. Happy Birthing Day to me!
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





6 comments:
Hooray for birthing day celebrations. I've always thought that your kids birthdays should not only be for celebrating them and how happy you are to have them, but celebrating you and how hard you worked to get them here in the first place. And how hard you work every day to take care of them.
Aren't kids amazing in the way they rock your world? Happy Birthday to Dallin - good job!
What a great post, tribute to 'birthing days'.
I always thought my children's birthday's were more for me than them. The celebration is always two-fold: Congratulations to me for giving birth to them, and congratulations to me for surviving yet another year with them alive! :)
Emily- I love it! That will be next year's birthday theme- congrats on surviving another year!
Happy Birthday Dallin who I've never met but feel like I have through your post.
Post a Comment