Friday, January 18, 2008

Cabin Fever



This handsome little man has been sick since before Christmas. The day after Christmas, I took him to the doctor because he'd had a cough for a while that kept getting worse. Turns out he had bronchialitis. I felt like a terrible mom- we'd been too busy with Christmas preparations and activities to go to the doctor before the holidays, and I just kept thinking, "It's just a cough, it will go away on it's own. And on top of that, I'd let him stay up late and eat junk because "it was Christmas." Poor kid! He got some medicine, and I let him have some much needed rest and extra TLC. Three days after finishing his antibiotic, his cough was back. I called the doctor, but because his cough went away on the medicine, and hadn't been back for more than 7 days, they wouldn't see him. He kept getting worse. Finally last Sunday (of course- the doctor's office was closed!) he had a fever over 103! All he wanted to do Saturday and Sunday was watch movies while being held. For those of you who know Dallin, that is not typical! He usually will only watch a highly entertaining movie for about half an hour. So Monday we were back at the doctors' office, and now he had an ear infection. They prescribed a different antibiotic. But 5 days later, the only thing it's cured is his fever- he still has the cough and the gross nose! And now I'm sick! The only thing worse than a sick kid is being sick with them. And the only thing worse than being sick with them is being sick pregnant!

6 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm so sorry! Ryan has RSV if it makes you feel any better to have another mom with a sick kid feeling your pain. There's nothing worse than your kid being sick, although I don't mind the snuggle time that goes with it.

paige said...

Don't you hate being pregnant in the winter! I guess I would rather be in your shoes(and I tried!)...not the sick part...just the almost done being pregnant part. :) I am NEVER having another baby in the dead of summer. Right now I feel sick, Polly is ALSO sick as of yesterday & I have no energy or desire to get out of the house & do anything because of the cold. So I am with you on the cabin fever. Hopefully our kids get better soon...and you, too!

Nora Mair said...

Amen sister! hope you're feeling better soon. eeeww sickies. We brought Stuart home from the hospital to Benjamin throwing up...

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Amber, let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Amber said...

Thanks, Marisa. I think we're finally at the tail end of it. I still sound like I've been chain smoking for 20 years, but that should pass soon!

Robyn said...

I remember going through this with Ian when he was that age, but I wasn't pregnant! I hop you all feel better soon.