This holiday, Jake and I saw The Blindside. Which I loved, and I was inspired that one person or a group of people can make a difference in another person's life. Change their life. Then later that week I saw part of a 20/20 special on the same family and others like them helping "troubled" teens in their area, and I was inspired again.
But does "making a difference" really have to be a grand gesture? For a stranger? The type of thing they would make into a movie or put on 20/20?
I hope not. Because I like to think that the little things I do, at home, every day, will make a difference in the lives of others around me. For my kids, my husband. So they don't end up wandering the streets in need of a "grand gesture" to save their lives. For the many other people who call me sister, daughter, friend. For the same people who have made a difference in my life through their sacrifice and selfless love.
At least I hope.
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





1 comment:
Amber, I LOVE that you said this! We have had the came conversation at our house, so I love that you guys think the same thing. That pic of Abbie is too cute. You are a great mom!
Post a Comment