Earlier this week, I came downstairs to discover a very quiet, very naughty Abigail "painting" her toenails. In the process, my glamor girl had dumped an ENTIRE bottle of BLUE nail polish all over my tan carpet and walls and on her clothes! I was furious! I deposited the culprit in the sink and Jake and I spent the next TWO HOURS scrubbing the nail polish out of the carpet (yes, Jake was home at the time of the incident but asleep upstairs). We used every cleaner in the house, and finally removed the stain in the carpet using nail polish remover, water, windex, peroxide, carpet cleaner and a whole lot of elbow grease and tears. We gave up on the wall when the cleaners started removing the paint, and the wall still needs to be repainted.
Now I know you're asking yourselves, what was I, the fearless mother, doing while my daughter destroyed the carpet, the wall, and my morning? I was reheating Dallin's breakfast, which he had refused to eat 45 minutes before! Parenthood is slowly making me crazy, one day at a time. . :)
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





2 comments:
Slowly??? Mine is more of a fast-paced deterioration that is taking me on a direct path to my own padded room.
Sorry! Been there. (Seriously, a few months ago. Except it was purple polish on my parents carpet that my dad had just cleaned a few weeks prior.) I SO feel your pain!
For the record, I like to actually say the swear words out loud. It was awfully nice of you to put them in code. :-)
I was definitely not wondering what you were doing. Kids can get into trouble really fast, and once they can play by themselves we are no longer hovering over their every move. At least you got it out of the carpet. Bravo!
Post a Comment