Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Year's Resolution

During Dallin's birthday party, I was too busy feeding/ cleaning/ entertaining kids to take many pictures, so Jake took that as an opportunity to let some other people try out my new camera. The result was that my backside turned up in background of quite a few pictures. Not on purpose, thankfully, but it still raised some shocking questions. WHY did I wear those pants, from 7 years ago that I thought still fit? When did my butt get so big??? And what was I going to do about it?

I resolved to lose weight. I decided I needed to exercise more (I'd only be working out 3 days a week during the winter) and eat less- both smaller portions and less fattening foods. The exercising wouldn't be a problem- I actually enjoy working out. It was the DIETing part that I dreaded. The thought of limiting foods that I love gave me cold sweats.
So I tried to reason with myself. I only weigh 5 lbs more than before I had Dallin. Not bad for 2 kids and 4 years, I convinced myself. And I've always said I exercise so I can eat whatever I want guilt-free. But I also want to be smokin' hot!

In the end, I couldn't decided which I wanted more- yummy food or a yummy body.

So I made a different resolution- buy some new pants!
Just because they zip or button up does NOT mean they still fit!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

That's my kind of resolution!

Unknown said...

This made me laugh, you look great Amber!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Who says you can't eat whatever you want and make people THINK you have a smokin hot body? We must be sisters.