Thursday, May 7, 2009

NEW ROOF

After years of waiting, wondering, and needing, we are finally getting a new roof. As I'm typing, I can hear the tapping of hammers and the sharp report of a nail gun covering up our old shingles, and *gasp* holes in our roof. I'll spare you my bitter tirade about finding a contractor and whether or not to finance the cost of the roof, and simply show you the breakdown of quotes we received:

  • 2007- $500
  • 2008- $7500 (same contractor as above!!!)
  • 2008- $1100 (to buy the shingles at Lowe's and do it ourselves, with the help of our ward)
  • 2009- $3600 the winner!

(The house when we first moved in)

the grass looks way better now, too!)

NOT risking our lives to do it ourselves, or trusting our roof to the inexperienced hands of well-meaning neighbors: PRICELESS!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! Your yard does look so nice now! You guys have put in a lot of work. I'm sure you are grateful that you are DONE!