Jake and I have very traditional, gender- defined roles at our house. He goes to work and is the primary breadwinner, I stay home and (try to) raise the kids. I do most of the cleaning, he takes the garbage cans to the curb for trash day. I take care of the errands like grocery shopping and going to the bank, and do all of the cooking. Indoor cooking, that is. He is the "master of the grill", which is fine with me, because grilling has always seemed like such a manly thing. Well, earlier this week, I overstepped my bounds and tried to turn on the grill because I was hungry and impatient for dinner, and didn't want to wait for Jake any more. The Universe wasn't happy about this reversal of roles, and this is what happened:
Abbie fell off the stairs into our back yard, and face-planted onto the concrete! It looks worse in person than in these pictures; you can't see the bruising.
Lesson learned. I'll leave the manly chores to the man!
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





1 comment:
I felt the same way about the grill, but lately we've been using it almost every day so I've kind of conquered that feel. I still jump every time the thing lights though.
Post a Comment