Last week Jake and I celebrated 6 years of marital bliss! We had already been out to dinner twice that week, first for his birthday and then for mine, so we wanted to do something different.
We went shooting! I was really nervous at first because I don't have much experience with guns beyond shooting clay pigeons at my parents' house. But we went with one of Jake's friends and his dad, who brought a small arsenal for us to try. After just a few rounds I was feeling much more comfortable. I even hit the target a couple times! :) We forgot our camera, so these are from Jake's phone.
Shooting the 9 mmI was so focused that I didn't know Jake was taking pictures of me shooting! Unfortunately, I didn't get any of Jake in action, but rest assured he was a much better shot than I was!
The romance doesn't end there: this weekend we're ditching the kids to go bike riding in Moab. Who says there's no spark left after being married for years?
The romance doesn't end there: this weekend we're ditching the kids to go bike riding in Moab. Who says there's no spark left after being married for years?






5 comments:
Awesome!! You look so BEAUTIFUL in that first pic!!! Love you!!
You guys are awesome. Hope you had a happy anniversary. I'm so glad the spark is still alive!!! :)
That would be Tim's ideal date for our anniversary!! You are one lucky girl!
so Baysil had a seizure tuesday night.. it was horrible. I sympathize with you completely. And if you have any advice on how I might ever fall asleep at night again please let me know!
Hi. I just read the meanest mom, and I thought you might want to send in a comment about our airplane flight two years ago to Baltimore with Dallin. I liked the poster when we finally got to the airport that said "An hour delay and two crying babies." I thought to myself, multiply each of those by two.
You and Jake are awesome parents. Take a deep breath and tell yourself you love being a stay-at-home mom. There is nothing else you would rather do. Nothing else holds a candle to the great work you are doing and the way you are influencing the world. You are raising great kids who hold your values and will pass them on. And right now, those kids are so much fun! We love them, and we love you. Mom
Post a Comment