Sunday, March 1, 2009

Heavy

Our extended family has been facing some very hard trials lately. Problems including death, divorce, rape, abandonment, debt, foreclosure, layoffs, inability to have children, sickness, etc. The weight of witnessing so much sadness, pain, sorrow has made my heart heavy the past few weeks. There is so much suffering in the world.

But inspite of it all, I've been happy. I almost feel guilty because Jake and I have been so blessed the past few months. We've been spared so much of the heartache that has affected our family, and avoided the financial problems and frustrations facing the world. I'm so lucky to have (generally) healthy children. Abbie has been particularly sweet and snuggly lately. My favorite time with her is when she first wakes up; she loves to lay her head on my shoulder and pat my back or play with my hair. It makes my day to be loved by such a precious little person!

Miss Delish

Almost walking!

Dallin constantly keeps me entertained. You moms out there that think your daughter talk alot, Dallin could give them a run for their money! He talks NON-stop- whether I'm listening or not, even when I'm not in the room!

Both the sorrow and my blessings have made me reflect on the Atonement. I know that Jesus Christ suffered not only for our sins but for all our heartache as well, regardless if we're to blame or not. All of us can find peace and happiness through the Atonement. It brings me HOPE.

2 comments:

Jen-ben said...

I can't even watch the news because I get too overwhelmed. So sorry to hear about all the sadness!

Nora Mair said...

Is she really going to be one? Wow. Who has the charmed life now?