For the past few weeks, Jake has had to travel to Houston for work for a week, comes home on the weekends, then goes back to Houston for another week. In a word, it sucks!!! I thought it would be easier having him gone this time than when he was in China for 2 weeks over the summer. I was wrong. Even though Abbie's older, takes a nap when Dallin does so I get a break, and (usually) sleeps through the night, it is still HARD taking care of kids by myself! Not to mention that I miss my sweetheart! I miss having him come home to help out, but even more I miss the companionship. I miss telling him all the little details about the kids' day. No one loves them like he does! I miss my best friend.
Ok, enough pitty party. When Jake IS home, most of the day is spent like this:
Wrestling!
(Sorry about the blurry shots. I'm long overdue for a new camera.)
When Jake got home last Saturday, Dallin said to him:
"Hi, Daddy! I missed you. Let's WRESTLE!!"
Abbie even gets in on the action:
Only one week left, and Jake is DONE traveling to Houston (at least for a few weeks). I'm counting down the seconds.
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





4 comments:
I miss you too babe!
You've been great about this though. Like you said..almost done.
I love wrestling time too!!! Seth just said to me today, "It's too bad you're not a boy so we could wrestle with you too."
I hate it when husbands are gone. So glad it's almost over. All my kids attack Greg when he gets home. They think it is hilarious!
Hang in there, it stinks when our hubbies are gone. The days aren't that bad, but the nights are tough.
Maybe a play date at my house will cheer you up. I just made six dozen cookies and need to give them away. I'll reserve some for you. :-)
Post a Comment