Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Dr's Office- Again

I took the kids to the doctor today- for well check ups, hurray!! Dallin just turned 3 and Abbie is 9 months. They're both healthy and HUGE! Dallin's in the 90th percentile for height and the 80th for weight. Abbie's in the 96th for height and 92nd for weight, and her head is in the 98th percentile (that means she's going to be really smart, not disproportionate, right?)! Here are a few cute/ interesting (I think) things they're doing right now:

Dallin has SO MUCH ENERGY and enthusiasm for life. When he wakes up every morning, he wakes RIGHT up and wants to start playing immediately. He finds so much joy in the little things (nicer way to say he's very mischievous). For example, whenever we go into the garage to get in the car, he races outside before I can stop him to play in the snow, or to see where the water is dripping from, to see the dog someone is walking, etc. He also has so much curiosity. He asks "why?" then "why?" then "why?" about 100 times a day. He's also very creative. He's REALLY into characters like Star Wars or pirates, and has a constant narrative of what they're doing, including songs. He's been so good about playing by himself since he got the Star Wars guys for Christmas and the pirates and ship for his b-day, never asking to watch shows anymore. He loves to sing, and will put on a concert for anyone- not just family, but the dentist, the doctor, or people at the grocery store. Yes, just last week at the dentist he treated them to the COMPLETE songs of "Rudolph" (he even does the echo parts) and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", even though Christmas is over! He relies on routine (hmmm, where does he get that from?). At bedtime, after a bedtime snack, stories, and songs, he has to give me an exact series of kisses: one on each check, one on the mouth, one on the nose, and then he blows a kiss for me to catch. How cute is that?!!

And Abbie is so cute! She has lots of energy as well and is very active (know why I need a nap every day?) She LOVES to eat- as evident by her size :) She especially loves fruit, and has been known to steal whole appes and oranges from me. Last week at the grocery store, she stood up in the cart (she was buckled) and reached onto the belt trying to grab the oranges! She absolutely worships Dallin, meaning she follows him everywhere, and loves to give him "kisses"- basically just slobbering all over him. You can bet he loves that! Abbie's a very social, happy baby, and loves to wave and say hi "hiiiiaaa" to anyone who looks at her! She's also a snuggler, and loves to lay her head on my shoulder and pat my back or hold onto my hair. She has the cutest, most contageous laugh- and I'm not just biased! Seriously, come tickle her and see for yourself!

Ok, that's all the cuteness I can think of for now. I'm not apologizing for bragging about my kids because I don't think I do it enough!

2 comments:

Em H said...

I love Abbie's wave! She was waving at me across the table at Karen's. She's so cute!

Liz said...

You should totally brag, your kids are awesome! (and cute, and smart, and...) :-)