I've been planning to write a long, detailed post about our Christmas activities, but I got really busy. Doing nothing. Being lazy. Hanging out with my hubby while he's off work. But I did want to post about Christmas for documentation purposes, even though I'm glad Christmas is over and we're onto a new year!
My mother-in-law made a gorgeous Christmas dress for Abbie. I tried to get pictures of the kids while they were both dressed up, and while my camera skills are lacking, the kids were decidedly uncooperative. See for yourself:

As always, a trip downtown to see the lights. I love doing this, even though I think it's a crazy tradition to take kids/ babies outside, at night, in the middle of winter. Oh, well.

We spent Christmas Eve at my parent's house in Heber. My mom LOVES the kids, and it's always relaxing for me to spend time there because she holds Abbie and entertains Dallin the whole time. Dallin refused to have his picture taken, and Abbie would NOT hold still, so no blog-worthy pics of them. I need a faster camera.
I discovered this year that I CAN SEW! I surprised my mom with a "homemade with love" apron, and surprised Jake with pj's for all of us. The first of the "I can sew" projects:
Christmas morning, we woke up to a blizzard and NO POWER! Luckily, I didn't get Jake the WII he kept begging for, so we were able to enjoy all of our presents without electricity. Breakfast was a bit trickier- we traditionally do a big fancy omelet. So we brought in our outdoor camping grill! Breakfast was hot and yummy, even if the grill specifically says "DO NOT USE INDOORS" and we set off the smoke alarm twice!
Dallin got the Star Wars guys he's been asking for for months! (Sweet deal on ebay for all the original characters!)
Abbie was happy just to taste all the presents!
Finally, Christmas night at Jake's parents, complete with delicious dinner, nativity reenactment, and a talent show.
Wow, this turned out to be a really long post anyway. Congrats on making it through!
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





3 comments:
Looks like a great Christmas! At least you got yours done in one post - I am doing mine in sections because I can't think straight when I combine all of our activities! That's stinks about no power but will make a great story for your kids someday!
How fun...and I'm loving the apron!
I love your "made with love" apron!! I want the pattern! So I want to hear all about how surprised Jake was about his jeans! ;) glad you had a great Christmas, smoke alarms and all! xoxo
Post a Comment