Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

We had a great Independence Day! We started off with a kids' parade and breakfast with our ward. I didn't get any pictures because we all slept in! We were woken up by the siren of the police truck that starts and accompanies the parade. Jake and Dallin ended up chasing the parade down the street while I stayed home feeding Abbie. Abbie and I met them at the church later for the yummy breakfast.

Later that day we went to Jake's cousin's house in Roy for a pool party and BBQ. They have a really sweet pool, complete with a diving board and a slide. Dallin is so daring, and completely fearless in the water. He loved going down the slide by himself, and jumping off the diving board backwards, or twisting in the air. He saw an older kid do a flip off the diving board, and thought that looked fun. His next turn, he put his head down and jumped, completely belly-flopping! He come out of the water looking very proud, totally convinced that he had just "flipped" too!
My camera's a little slow on the action shots. I was trying to get a picture of D coming down the slide, and anticipated a little too much!


There aren't many pictures of me because I'm the main picture taker, not because I'm camera-shy (even in a swimming suit!) Again, I was slacking that day in the picture department. Jake's mom took care of Abbie most of the time we were there, so I was able to play with Jake and Dallin instead of watching from the sidelines and taking pictures! Jake and I even got to sit in the hot tub together without kids. Unfortunately, now Jake's convinced we "NEED" a hot tub! Abbie spent most of the afternoon doing this:
That night, it was late and dark enough when we got home that we did fireworks with Dallin in the front yard. He was holding a sparkler and flipping it a little too fast by his face. A spark flew in his face, burning off half of his eyebrow! It was scary to watch, but funny to look back on now!

Then on Saturday, we bought a new car!!! What better way to show our patriotism than spending money? We traded in the Cadillac for an Acura MDX. I know you're shocked- Jake agreed to trading in the Caddy?! Actually, he suggested it! It was starting to have a few minor problems, and this way we don't have 2 car payments. We're very happy with our bigger car; Jake and I don't have our knees in the dash any more! And the dealership installed a DVD player for free! I'll post some pictures later.

5 comments:

Em H said...

Sounds much more exciting than our fourth. We went to a picnic with friends and then watched fireworks from the balcony while Jayden slept (what we could see of the fireworks anyway). I love the pictures of Abbie! Keep them coming.

Krystal said...

I love the 4th...I'm so slow on posts, I'll probably get to the pictures of ours in 2 months.

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun! I'm glad to hear that my nephew loves swimming as much as I do. I can just see him doing all those crazy things and laughing. BTW I read your blog all the time, and didn't think about commenting until you said that's why you do it. I'm sure Mom and Dad would leave comments, too, but Chad and I are the only internet-Savvy people around.

Jen-ben said...

She's getting so big!!! Looks like FUN!

The Copes said...

Amber the baby is so cute!!! I can not figure out how to make you my friend On my blog!!!!! We miss you guys!