Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bear Lake

We just got back from a "family reunion" at Bear Lake. I put that in quotations because it was not your typical family reunion, sweltering in a park with people you barely know, don't really like, and will forget about for a year, until you have to suffer through another reunion with them! No, this reunion was FUN! We stayed in condos, and spent the weekend swimming in the pools, swimming in the (COLD) lake and playing on the beach, playing games with family, and in general having a good time. The only drawback was that traveling with kids is tough- especially if they're only 2 1/2 and 3 months! Abbie was actually very good, and slept alot. People even joked that they never saw her, she was sleeping so much! Dallin did not sleep so well! He went to bed REALLY late every night, so he was pretty grouchy to me. To everyone else, he was sweet and adorable. Go figure. I finally gave up on trying to get him to go to sleep the last night when he knew everyone else was outside playing, and let him stay up as late as me. And he didn't die! He even slept in until 9:30 the next morning- amazing!
Dallin getting his face painted and "fishing" at the carnival.
Jake and me, how cute!!

Abigail with Aunt Veronica.

4 comments:

Em H said...

Fun! I'm sad I missed it... all except the grouchy kid part.

Jan said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Don't you just love vacations in the summer time!?

Nora Mair said...

Did you get a raspberry shake? We'd stay in a condo at bearlake every other year and that was a real special treat. Did you collect lots of shells? We always brought home loads. Great workout today. I'm so tired. Isn't it uncanny how kids know when other's are still up having fun?

Amber said...

Yes, we got shakes! So many details I left out. The shakes were SO yummy! We also went to church which was incredible- it seemed like there were 2,000 people there! And Dallin recited a 4 line Shell Silverstein poem all by himself for the family talent show!