Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Triathlon Update

The triathlon is one month from today- August 23. The countdown is on!
Yes, I'm still doing it.
No, I haven't bought a bike yet. :)

I have had so much fun training for this triathlon! It's really motivating to have a goal to work towards. I don't want to poop out the day of the race, so I've been pushing myself during the workouts. Marisa and Nora- you're the BEST! I love working out with you, and I'm so glad you talked me into this!

Marisa is our unofficial coach for running, I'm helping them with swimming, and Dusty pushes us on the bikes during the cycling class. It's so much easier to work hard and push myself when I'm working out with other people. I'm up to running almost 3 miles a couple times a week, swimming a mile at least once a week, and working my tail off on the bike! Hard to believe I had a baby less than 4 months ago!

6 comments:

Brandi said...

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous! It is so fun to be able to work towards a goal, like you said, but also to have the support of a couple more people with that same goal. That's awesome.

LOVE Dusty's class! I'm going to start going next week. Does she still teach Mondays and Thursdays? I guess it's been a couple of months since I've done cycling.

Krystal said...

I'm jealous too! Wish we lived closer so we could train together!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you and Nora are doing it with me, it has been so much fun!!!

dishes and laundry said...

Those cycling classes are the best thing you can do to prepare for an outdoor ride. You're building incredible stamina. And seriously, a spinning class is much harder than riding outside - unless you're on some big hill, turning the resistance up on those bike is harder. Good luck!!!

Em H said...

I'm very impressed! It would be so nice to have someone to work out with! I've been trying to get Isaac to with very little success. What an awesome way to motivate yourself!

Amanda said...

This is kind of a weird post but I saw your name on one of my friends blog and thought it was a different Amber. Anyway, I saw triathlon and started reading. I am doing the Jordanelle triathlon as well and have a new baby too, I am feeling your training pain. I kept reading your blog and recognized you. I think you were a grade younger than me. I am not sure exactly how I know you. Anyway, I love triathlons and think your awesome and good luck!