Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Zoo Day

Finally, a fun day! We went to the zoo with my fun friend Liz yesterday. She has a season pass, and was nice enough to take us as her visitors, so it was free! I borrowed my aunt's double stroller, since I haven't gotten one yet. It wasn't necessary, since Dallin either walked or wanted me to carry him most of the time. And I just realized that I left my camera in the stroller! So I'll have to add the pictures later. . .

I fed Abbie as soon as we got there. While I was getting ready to feed her, Dallin decided to venture away from the big floating ball to the pond nearby. He grabbed the rope that's around it, which wasn't as steady as he expected, and fell right into the water! His face never went in, so he wasn't ever in any danger, but he completed soaked his clothes and shoes. I laughed so hard! So he spent the first 10 minutes of the trip in just a diaper while his clothes dried on a rock. You should have seen the looks people coming in were giving me! I could just see them thinking, "What kind of trashy mother lets their kids run around the zoo in a diaper with no shoes?!" I laughed even harder!

After Abbie ate, she slept the ENTIRE time we were there! It was so great! Dallin and Liz's daughter, Sarah, are only 6 weeks apart, and both loved the animals. Luckily they have the same short attention span, so we were able to see all the animals and have lunch in just a few hours. We even had time to let the kids play at the park. Dallin loved the ghost alligator, which he calls the "croci-ile", and insisted we see twice.

And it's finally warm outside! (Ok, really really hot!!) I LOVE being a stay-at-home mom during the summer! Even though being the mom is still alot of work, I would much rather work from the zoo, or the park, or the pool than an office any day!

6 comments:

Paige said...

I saw the pictures at the zoo on Liz's blog! How fun, I wish I had the desire to go to the zoo, but we will have to take Polly before the new baby.

I am glad you're over your bad week, it sounded extremely overwhelming. :)

Russell and Aya said...

What a fun day you had! I am glad that Abbie is feeling better from her terrible virus and infection. Just want to let you know that you are an amazing mom!

Robyn said...

Glad things are going better. I totally agree about the working from the park, pool, or the zoo-we're so lucky to be able to stay home with the wee ones.

Unknown said...

Well, I can forgive you for going to the zoo since you got in for free, and it was probably the mothers with their kids on leashes that were giving you the dirty looks! ;)

dishes and laundry said...

That ghost alligator is freaky - but kinda cool too. Glad you guys had such a good time.

Jan said...

Do feel so very lucky to be a stay at home mom with your kids! Working full time stinks, and sometimes I feel like I miss out on a ton!
Enjoy!