Thursday, April 24, 2008

Not just for girls. . .

Last week I decided to buy some stickers to reward Dallin when he's good, instead of always bribing him with candy and sugary treats. I was even going to let him pick them out himself. At the store, there was a wide selection of stickers I thought he would love, from Lightning McQueen to Pooh and Tigger. But guess what he chose? Disney Princess stickers!

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised- he loves Princesses! They're his first choice of shows to watch, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid. But I'm not worried, I think he's a lady's man at heart, just like his daddy :) And the stickers worked, at least for a day. I even saw Dallin give Belle a goodnight kiss before he went to bed!

4 comments:

Nora Mair said...

Benjamin loves the mice in Cinderella!

Krystal said...

I don't know why there is such a stigma with boys playing with "girly" things. I think it's cute he likes the princesses, Jonah loves Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. Daron freaked when I let Seth buy a pair of the dress up high heel shoes at the dollar store, so I definitely know his limits though.

Amber said...

I agree Krystal- I don't see anything wrong with Dallin loving the princesses. And Jake doesn't either- yesterday he let Dallin get Princess fruit snacks for being good at the store!

In Dallin's defense, he does love the other characters in the movies, like the mice in Cinderella. He told me once that he loves Snow White because there's a mean witch!

Liz said...

Learning to love princesses at a young age is great, that way he'll treat his "women" like them. :-)