
We love, LOVE, LOVE our new baby Abbie! She is a very sweet girl. She nurses really well, and is a very good sleeper- even sleeping 4-5 hours at night between feedings! She is very content and rarely fusses unless she's hungry, then she really lets me know! I know this is the "honeymoon" period when she sleeps most of the day, but so far, so good!
Everyone has been asking how Dallin is adjusting. For the most part, Dallin doesn't really pay much attention to Abbie. But when he does, he is VERY sweet to her! When we brought her home from the hospital, he said, "Welcome to our house, baby Abbie." He's also very concerned when she's crying, and offers to "help her stop crying" usually by saying "Mommy's here, baby, and Dallin's here."
He has been acting out in other ways, though. He's not jealous when I'm holding or nursing Abbie, but he has been a little bit more defiant and disobedient since she's been born. I think he just realizes this is a big change, and he's not going to have all or our attention all the time any more. We had a hard day on Wednesday, where it seemed like he was in time out every hour. But for the most part, he's still our happy boy. And, he's been taking at least a 2 hour nap every day! (I'm so so glad we didn't move him out of his crib!)

Some of you have asked if we're ready for visitors. Yes! Call me- I love the chance to show off my beautiful daughter!!







6 comments:
We found you guys!!! The baby is so cute I am so jealous... We miss you guys so much can not wait to see you guys Love the COPES
She really is so beautiful. You are doing wonderfully. Just to warn you - there is just something about little girls and their daddy's. It sounds like Jake already has her on an impossibly high pedestal. We can't wait to come and visit (but we have to get well first).
She's just so cute. Nothing like having more than one kid to make you feel like a real family.
So adorable. you kept up the crib...nice move. You look great!
Cute pictures! I love the one of the two of you at the bottom. So adorable. :)
Congratulations! She's beautiful, and Dallin sounds like he's very good with her. Good for you guys!
Post a Comment