Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My mantra

There is no such thing as the perfect mom

No one is judging me if my house isn't clean

It's ok for a 2 year old with a new sister to watch lots of tv

I love my children, I love my children, I love my children

At least this is what I tell myself after 2 hard days with Dallin, and a hard night with Abigail.


7 comments:

Fauset Photography said...

This is my life motto. You are NOT ALONE!! And YES Dallin can watch all the tv he wants. Give yourself a brake Amber! You are doing a wonderful job!

Jesse and Emily said...

It is so fun to read/see your blog!! I know I don't know you very well...but I can tell you are a super mom! and a super wife! a little tv never hurt anyone! ;)

Emily said...

Just keep repeating it! You're doing great. I actually think it's a HUGE blessing that Macy will sit and watch an entire movie. Some days...it's just what I need to keep the peace and sanity.

Valerie said...

I love the font size you used! I am excited b/c I just realized that Tanner (almost 2) can sit still and watch a show (or two!) now. Four months until our new baby, and I'm expecting to make full use of his new talent!

Have tons of fun with the new one. Yes, even the hard days when noone ever gets dressed can be fun if you let everything else go for a bit. I can recall a couple of recent conference talks which specifically tell you to spend time with them when they are little, even if it is to the detriment of housework! Who cares what the house looks like, as long as you feel good about the time spent with either child?? (And I don't mean that all the time has to be "feel-good" time. Discipline and teaching time are good times too!)

The "moments" that make being a mom so cool are even more poignant when you're so tired that all you can do is smile when you realize that you've just had one of those moments.

paige said...

Amen! The only thing I will be changing in 3 months is the word "sister" to "brother." Good luck!

Jackie said...

Congratulations Amber! Abigail is beautiful. And you look great. I can't believe a baby that big came out of you. Don't even think about cleaning the house. You get at least a 6 week break don't you??:-)

Unknown said...

You're doing great! Right after Katie was born, if I could say "Everyone is alive and breathing" at the end of the day, I was happy. :)