Well, Christmas is over. It certainly went fast this year. Dallin absolutely loved Christmas, and it was a blast to watch him enjoy all his presents. His favorite present was the candy canes from Santa! If only we'd known, we could have saved a lot of money! A close second favorite present was his train set. He has always loved Thomas the Train, and we got him a track and some new trains to go along with Thomas. He still plays with it every day!

Jakes spoiled me with the nicest knife set I've ever owned, new silverware, maternity clothes, and yummy lotion so I can still smell sexy even if my growing belly keeps me from feeling pretty! I gave Jake guitar hero 3, which he's already almost beaten on the "hard" level!
And now, a completely unrelated topic. I have a confession to make: I actually played WoW. I don't know about you other WoW widows out there, but my husband constantly pesters me to play with him. (If you don't know what WoW is, check out this blog entry. My friend Wendy describes "Warcrack" better than I ever could!) Anyway, a few weeks ago, Jake had been really begging me to play WoW with him. I really don't know why: I'm not any good at video games, I generally don't enjoy them, and he has so many friends to play WoW with he plays till 2 in the morning sometimes! Jake asks me to play so much that I jokingly answer "yes" every once in a while, just to see him get his hopes up! The other night, I tried a new tactic of saying no: I said I had too much cleaning and too many chores to get done that night to have time to play. And he tried a new tactic, too: he offered to help me with all of the cleaning, laundry, etc if I would just try it out! He did the dishes, including the hand wash only, helped me clean the bathrooms, folded a load of laundry and started another one! And so I tried the game. We created a new character just for me and everything. I completed one quest that night. What a great trade: 10 minutes of video games for help with the dishes! And you know what? I didn't hate the game as much as I thought I would!
And now, a completely unrelated topic. I have a confession to make: I actually played WoW. I don't know about you other WoW widows out there, but my husband constantly pesters me to play with him. (If you don't know what WoW is, check out this blog entry. My friend Wendy describes "Warcrack" better than I ever could!) Anyway, a few weeks ago, Jake had been really begging me to play WoW with him. I really don't know why: I'm not any good at video games, I generally don't enjoy them, and he has so many friends to play WoW with he plays till 2 in the morning sometimes! Jake asks me to play so much that I jokingly answer "yes" every once in a while, just to see him get his hopes up! The other night, I tried a new tactic of saying no: I said I had too much cleaning and too many chores to get done that night to have time to play. And he tried a new tactic, too: he offered to help me with all of the cleaning, laundry, etc if I would just try it out! He did the dishes, including the hand wash only, helped me clean the bathrooms, folded a load of laundry and started another one! And so I tried the game. We created a new character just for me and everything. I completed one quest that night. What a great trade: 10 minutes of video games for help with the dishes! And you know what? I didn't hate the game as much as I thought I would!





5 comments:
Hehehe, another WoW widow turned. I'm glad you liked it. My sis-in-law (Troy's sister) is as big a gamer as Troy - she and her husband crack together all the time.
You know what's funny though? Troy has NEVER asked me to play with him. Not once. Hmmmmm.
LOL, I guess having the boys to play with is enough.
Soooo....what's your character?
Oh, and thanks for the link! This is the direct post about the Warcrack.
http://dishesandlaundry.blogspot.com/2007/11/crack-house.html
You made out... with the cleaning as well. Glad you had a great Christmas.
What a sneaky little wifey you are! Way to go, you both win that way.
I have nothing to say about "cracking," luckily there aren't any big time gamers in our family although Lorin loves Tiger Woods Golf and any kind of racing. In response to what you said about Lorin helping me keep the pregnancy a secret...he totally told 3 people the day before I went to the doctor, which is how long I wanted to wait before telling. Not to mention, I feel silly telling people, "I'm pregnant..." so I would much rather Lorin help out in all the announcing. I am not one to keep secrets about myself, but being pregnant is different. I'll take all the help I can get to spread the news. :)
Post a Comment