Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Never a dull moment. . . .

The following are all things that Dallin did in one day, TODAY. I was within seeing or hearing distance of him the entire day!
-Cut his lip trying to "shave" using Jake's razor
-While waiting for his pants in the dryer, took his diaper off himself and peed on the floor
-He and the 3 year old neighbor I was babysitting let themselves out the front door, which was locked with a deadbolt that I have trouble opening, and went to the neighbor's house, while I was in the shower
-Climbed on the arm of the couch, which he knows is forbidden, and fell off, hitting his head on the end table
-Opened and poured an entire bottle of powdered food coloring on himself while decorating cookies
-While I was soaking his clothes trying to get the food coloring out, he took off his diaper AGAIN, which he'd just pooped in
-And my personal favorite: Went to the store with daddy to buy rolls for dinner, and come home with flowers for me!

This was all on top of our normal day-to-day stuff, like feeding him, changing him, bathing him, entertaining him, etc. No wonder I'm exhausted!

5 comments:

Emily said...

You need to potty train that boy - he's ready! :)

Fauset Photography said...

Oh my goodness Amber! Doesn't it draaaain you? And then when you write it, it's hilarious. He's too little to be doing all of those naughty things!! :) Or at least you'd THINK!!!

paige said...

Gotta love kids! I always think getting into a house with a yard will make it easier, but I am afraid the grass is always greener & I will find myself going crazy still. :) The house is a 2002, 2500 sq. feet, unfinished basement...3 bed/2 bath. Like I said, not my dream house, but it's getting there! Good to know about the moving truck. I was on the fence, but I think we'll go for it.

Emily said...

I hope you realize I was kidding about the potty training! What a day! And what an amazing husband that brings you flowers when you need them most!

Unknown said...

Wow, all in a days work as a mom! Just wait till you have another.