My not-so-little Abigail will be two this week. She decided to start celebrating the terrible-two's early and is into EVERYTHING! I call her mischievous because she is so silent about being naughty. About two weeks ago she got into the flour and baking ingredients TWICE (apparently she's trying to teach me to pay attention to her). One of the times we had just gotten home from grocery shopping and picking Dallin up from playgroup. Dallin had an accident, which is very rare, so I put him in the tub and went back upstairs to get the groceries. Abbie was gone! The garage door was open and since she didn't answer me when I called, of course I assumed she was wondering the neighborhood. I dashed outside in a panic, running up and down the street in my socks calling her name. Still no sign of her. Back into the house to search it again, with no luck. I searched the place top to bottom and was about to head outside again (while Dallin's tub was overflowing) when I noticed the pantry door open a crack. Sure enough, Abbie was inside, silently doing this:
I needed her out of the way to clean up the mess, so I plopped her in the tub with D, which I thought was a safe choice. A few minutes later Dallin called out "Mom, Abbie's doing something naughty." He's a great tattle-tale, and calls it being naughty whenever she does something to annoy him. I was so mad already that I just ignored them- it was a mistake. A few seconds later they were both in tears. Abbie had dumped an entire bottle of shampoo into the water and the shampoo water had gotten into their eyes! I had to drain the tub and start over. Meanwhile, the groceries were still in the car! This day reminds of an eventful day with Dallin when he was almost two.
I tried to salvage some of the flour, and our cookies, pancakes and cakes kept turning out disgusting. Turns out she had mixed the baking soda in with the flour. I had to throw away almost 5 lbs of flour :(





5 comments:
Oh, I so feel your pain. Miles & I spent the whole day in the bathroom potty training--we are on week 3 and still trying to get it down. In 1 1/2 hours he went through 6 pairs of underwear. I am so grossed out by cleaning up bodily fluids! Three has been the "terrible twos" for us.
OH. MY. I so remember those days. I think I have a few many more to come with Chase. :)
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO! What a day. I am just so happy I can say that Arlo will never have a terrible two stage because he is a perfect boy!!!! ;-)
What a day!
Oh my goodness!!! Haha! I am so glad you documented this! Funny story :) I guess...this is what I have to look forward to when I start having kids....? Hmm...i better brace myself!
Post a Comment