Friday, March 12, 2010

Good news and catch up!

No, I'm not pregnant :) Jake got promoted! He's now a department manager, sr. staff at Discover! After only working there for 6 years, he's one of the fastest to promote, and the youngest member of sr. staff. And, he finally got to use his Bachelor's degree- he had to have it to be eligible to promote. I'm so proud of you, Jake!!!

In other news, we got a new pet- a water turtle. She's a gift from a friend of Jake's at work, who was looking for a good home for her. She was named Ariel, but Dallin changed it to Storm, from X Men. I was asked if I wanted a turtle, then politely ignored when I said no. I know they're trying to work up to a dog. . .



On Wednesday nights, we can go ice skating for free at the Olympic Oval because we have passes to the local rec center. We've taken Dallin a couple of times because he says he wants to play hockey, and we're trying to convince him otherwise by showing him how hard skating is :) Unfortunately, he loves it! They have these little granny walkers for the kids to push so they can skate on their own. I love his concentration:We take Abbie and push her around the ice on the stroller. Faster, Daddy!

The Olympic Oval is where Apollo Ohno trains, so Jake got into the spirit and tried skating with these. Turns out, Apollo makes it look easy!
A few weeks ago, when the weather was pretending to be spring, we met my sister and her kids at Farm Town. I love living close to family! Any my sister loves to get out of the house as much as I do.

Of course, the favorite is the pony ride!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Congrats on the promotion...and the turtle! I want to know what Farm Town is and how much it costs.

Amber said...

Farm Town (I think that's what it's called-maybe Country) is at Thanksgiving point. It's free for 2 and under and $3 for everyone else. Comes with a pony ride!

Anonymous said...

You got a turtle? Ah. Jealous. But, alas, I have a dog. I feel like i haven't seen you guys forever! :(
ok, deal. I will come visit you soon.