Monday, March 1, 2010

Mr Wonderful and Mr Congeniality

Last week I had to have oral surgery to remove a blocked saliva gland in my bottom lip. I know that's gross and probably too descriptive, but if I just said "I had oral surgery" it would make you think it was something major, and leave you begging for an explanation. It was very painful. Luckily, I have my sweet hubby Jake to take care of me! He took care of the kids while I was gone, got my pain medicine, let me have a nap, and even convinced me to keep my plans to have dinner with my sisters that night, while he fed the kids dinner and put them to bed. He is such a sweet, caring husband, and I'm so happy he's mine!

And Dallin, D- Dizzle. I haven't posted about him for what seems like a long time because he was going through such a hard stage! I avoided writing about him, not because I want to appear like I have a perfect life, but because he was so impossible to live with during the day that I didn't want to think about it any more than I had too! He would literally fight with me all day long, even if, in pure exasperation, I gave in to every one of his demands. Arrggh! So I'm happy to be writing about how GOOD he's been lately! He is so social, and makes friends where ever we go. I love this quality about him! Last week we went to the dentist, and he happily chatted with the hygienist while she cleaned my teeth, no shyness or nervousness whatsoever about being at the dentist. Then we went to the Blue and Gold Banquet (the birthday party for the Boy Scouts) and he chatted with the Primary president, who sat at our table. He even asked her what movies she had seen, and then would ask her if she liked them! It was so cute! The day after my surgery, Jake had to go into work, and put Dallin in charge as the "man of the house". Dallin did abuse this power a little in bossing Abbie around, but the first thing he did when Jake left was ask me, "what can I do to help you, mommy?" He has such a good heart, and I'm so happy he's mine!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

That is so sweet! (Not the surgery part, though)

You do have an awesome family. I can't wait to see what that Dallin grows up to be!

Liz said...

I'm glad you're doing better and that things are better with Dallin. Oh the phases! We need to get together soon. :-)