Earlier this week, I called my sister Krystal and asked her if she wanted to do something "wild and crazy." After hesitating for a moment, she said, "depends on what it is." And I answered, "Let's ditch the kids and go snowboarding!" She was enthusiastic then!
So Tuesday, after the big snowstorm Monday, we pawned off our kids and headed up the mountain.
We'd also convinced my dad, brother Chad and sister Veronica to join us. Krystal was the one who taught me to snowboard back in the day (by taking me down two runs and teaching me how to stop, then ditching me for the rest of the day!!), but it was our dad who instilled in us the love for snow sports. He's a die-hard skier, so it was a dramatic experience for Krystal and me to decide we wanted to give up skiing and be snowboarders, or "knuckle-draggers" as my dad says. Luckily, after about 8 years, he's forgiven us and will actually ride the lifts with us!
We'd also convinced my dad, brother Chad and sister Veronica to join us. Krystal was the one who taught me to snowboard back in the day (by taking me down two runs and teaching me how to stop, then ditching me for the rest of the day!!), but it was our dad who instilled in us the love for snow sports. He's a die-hard skier, so it was a dramatic experience for Krystal and me to decide we wanted to give up skiing and be snowboarders, or "knuckle-draggers" as my dad says. Luckily, after about 8 years, he's forgiven us and will actually ride the lifts with us!
Chad, Veronica, Dad, me, Krystal
Me, tearin' it up.
K-dog shreddin'.As you can tell, it snowed ALL DAY! I love a day with fresh snow! We had a such a great time; we didn't do any rails or jumps like I usually do with Jake, we just spent the day enjoying the snow. Krystal and I were like teenagers again, talking non-stop on the lift, laughing because she fell getting off the lift EVERY time, and not thinking about our kids at all! So thanks to my mother-in-law and Jake for watching my kids- a wild a crazy day without them was just what I needed!





7 comments:
What a great time. man i'm jealous--but trying hard not to be. I'd go with you any time.
Looks like so much fun! I'm afraid it is going to be a few years before I get on the mountain again - and I've never converted to snow boarding. No particular reason other than I can only afford to go once, maybe twice, a year. I'm just not willing to spend that one precious moment a winter on my rear end the entire day. But if I ski and Greg boards, I can almost keep up with him.
Way to ditch your kids and act like a kid again. It's good for us moms to do that sometimes. And you can't beat spending an entire day with your sister!
How fun. It's great to have those kid-less times once in a while. You deserve a little break.
You're working it on the slopes! Cool photo.
Ohhh, wasn't it so fun? Makes me want to go again.
Looks like a lot of fun. I love skiing, but haven't gone in a while and about went into shock when I saw how much it costs these days. Ouch!
Nora- didn't know you snowboarded! I'll call you next time for sure!
And I'm with you on the too-high-prices, Liz. We had two for one passes- the only way I can afford to go!
It was SO fun to see you! I'm totally jealous that you went snowboarding...maybe next year for me!
Take care!
Post a Comment