WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD!
We just got home from a LONG roadtrip to California. The road part was too long, the trip part was too short, as always. We went to support Jake's cousin Logan who was getting sealed in the Newport Temple to his wife Ashli. Sealings are always amazing, but this one was particularly touching. Ashli is a convert of exactly one year (emphasis on exactly because they had to have their sealing approved by President Monson himself in order for them to be sealed on her baptism anniversary, not her confirmation anniversary) and Logan had been inactive for a long time, so this sealing was a miracle. It was so awesome to be there to participate in their happy occasion!


We also went to spend time with Jake's good friend Jesse and his wife Emily, who also came for the sealing. Jake and Jesse were like long lost lovers, and Emily and I couldn't get enough of each other. She's my new BFF! We're like an internet dating success story- before this trip Emily and I had only met twice and just knew each other through blogs. But once we met, we knew we were meant to be friends! Too bad they live far, far away in Missouri! Come visit us soon, Jesse and Em!
Of course we couldn't go to Cali without a trip (or two) to the beach, even though it's December. I didn't get in the water, and Jake wasn't planning to, but we couldn't keep Dallin out of it! Jake ended up drenched in his shorts. I'm sure all the locals running on the beach thought we were crazy letting our son in the water! But he loved it. Abbie was a little confused by the sand. She kept crawling off the towels into the sand, and then would stop and try to shake it off her hands. I couldn't help laughing at her failed attempts and concerned expression!





Jake's wonderful aunt let us stay with her again. They have a HUGE house on a golf course just north of San Diego. It's better than staying at a hotel- she cooked for us non-stop, did our laundry, provided towels and toys for the beach, and babysit so we could go out to dinner kid-less. No wonder Jake and I always want to move to California after a visit at Tonta Noodle's!
Now the trip is over and I need to get caught up on Christmas preparations!
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





9 comments:
We miss you guys!!!! It was so fun to see you!! I love your post...best friends forever!! ;)
I'm so jealous! I love the beach and we didn't get to spend nearly enough time there when we went to Cali in February. I totally want to go again!
how fun. i'm missing cali lately (especially since it's snowing right now).
how cool to be a part of logan's sealing.
i LOVE the photo of jake and dallin at the beach with the sun behind them. great shot.
good luck on your holiday prep.
How fun!!! And that was NOT picture overlaod...I would like some more please. :)
Ok, so I read this post, went to bed, had a dream that you guys came over when you meant to go to your parents house - because they used to live in our house, of course. Makes perfect sense! You were even in the same outfits that you were in at the temple in these pictures. It was SO WEIRD! Then you decided to hang out for awhile since Jake couldn't remember how to get to your parents new house. Haha! Also, Polly had that same zip up that Abby wore to the beach - gotta love sales at Old Navy! Looks like a fun trip! I can't wait to take our kids - someday :)
Ok, the part about Polly having the same zip up as Abbie, that was real - not part of the dream, (she really does have it & might wear it today if I can convince her to get dressed)- sorry I spelled Abbie's name wrong & sorry that I left two comments :)
Val- I STILL can't get to your blog! I know you said it's not private, but it keeps telling me I haven't been invited! Please leave your blog or email address so I can see your fabulous blog!!
Paige- I love that you dreamed about us! It must be a sign that we need to hang out! That hoodie of Abbie's is my favorite- I saw it on Polly on your blog and thought how cute it is on a toddler, too. And you don't EVER have to apologize for leaving two comments on my blog! :)
What a fun trip! I hope you enjoyed the warm weather before coming home to the cold and snow. Hope to see you at the gym on Wed.
What an awesome trip! You have such a cute family.
Post a Comment