Sunday, November 16, 2008

New 'Do

When I started Jr. High, I had straight hair. Part way through 7th grade, however, my hair started to go curly. Curly hair wasn't "cool" and I desperately wanted straight hair to fit in (remember Jr. High??) So I would straighten my hair every day, and it looked REALLY puffy- I wish I had a pic to put up here. About 9th grade I embraced my curls, and by high school loved them. When I got pregnant, with Dallin, people warned me that they knew someone who had curly hair, and it went straight after they had kids, but I thought, "my hair is so curly, that will never happen to me." Sure enough, when I was pregnant with Dallin, my hair got even curlier. But when I got pregnant with Abbie, it started to go a little straighter (that's actually how I knew she was a girl). And then when she was 4 months old, not only did my hair start falling out, it got straighter still. So I thought it was about time to embrace my new wavy locks, and finally got my hair cut and styled. At first it seemed that I cut off all my curls, but my hair was just in shock, and has curled up again. (Jen, this picture is for you!)
What do you think?

8 comments:

Jen-ben said...

I LOVE IT!!! It looks so good.

Liz said...

I love it! Looks great! I love having short hair. Less to pull out. :-)

Jan said...

LOVE IT!

Allyson said...

Very cute! You did good. I'd love some of your natural curl!

Russell and Aya said...

I love your new hair style. You truly look good in shorter hair too.
Is that true if you are pregnant with a boy, your hair get more curly? My friend also had the same experience. She had straight hair before but ever since she was pregnant with a boy,she has curly hair. I better watch out for my hair.

Unknown said...

I love the new look.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Way cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I think we all LOVE IT!