-I'm SO glad Halloween is over! It was fun, but I went to FIVE dress-up parties, and was feeling like the pirate outfit was the only thing I owned!
-I'm finally starting to get the hang of this two kids business. I feel like I'm enjoying my kids and not just surviving each day.
-Is it really necessary to start Christmas RIGHT after Halloween? The day after trick-or-treating, there were Christmas trees in the stores and Christmas music on the radio. What happened to fall and Thanksgiving? Life seems to be going so fast without rushing the holidays, too.
-My body is NOT the same since having babies, even though I've lost all the weight from being pregnant with Abbie. Moms really sacrifice everything for their kids.
-I love the stage Abbie's in right now. She sits up, crawls!, entertains herself, and laughs, laughs, laughs!
-I'm ready to vote tomorrow. I don't know who I'm voting for, but I definitely know who I'm voting against. :)
-I'm totally addicted to email, blogs, facebook, and goodreads. I feel like I "keep in touch" with so many friends, old and new, but I hardly talk to people on the phone any more. Sad, in a way.
-And finally, I LOVE being a stay at home mom. Last week I took the kids trick-or-treating at Jake's work (Discover). I worked there for five years before quiting when Dallin was born. It's always fun to go back to visit people I worked with, but this time it really hit me how much I love being able to stay home with my kids. While we were eating lunch I was thinking about what I would do with my kids if I went back to work. I couldn't think of anyone who would love them more than I do, and I couldn't image missing all the little milestones they go through. I'm so grateful that I don't have to make that decision. When the kids are really driving me crazy, I sometimes joke that I wish I had a full time job and no kids. But I realized that no matter how hard my kids are, I really would not trade them for the freedom, success, and money of any career.
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





6 comments:
Your kids are SOOOO cute!!! It's kind of liberating to let go of the hot bod and just be happy with a "mom bod". It's evidence of the sacrifices we have made. :)
you're funny! i'm glad halloween is over and i too wish the christmas stuff didn't come out so darn early. rush, rush, rush. agh. when do we ever get to catch up with life.
i like to call myself a "work at home mom" cause that's what it is-isn't it?
glad you're enjoying it.
Great thoughts. I totally agree on the Christmas thing. My two favorite stations are now only playing Christmas songs and I'm just not ready for it. :-)
I'm with you on the not necessarily voting "for" someone but definitely voting AGAINST one! That's how I feel. I voted early (last wednesday). The future of this country makes me a little nervous. Those were really the ones considered most qualified to run?! Sad.
Good thoughts. I do love the post-sitting up stage with babies. At least for all of mine, they just seem so much happier when they reach that point. Your kids are adorable!
Ah, I'm totally with you!!! I miss you! Come over!!
And I'm so glad you are enjoying your mom time!
Post a Comment