Sunday, January 16, 2011

Catch up

We’ve been so busy living life that I haven’t had time to document it. But since this blog serves as our family journal I thought I’d better record what we did over the holidays.

The kids and I made candy trains for their church teachers, great- grandma’s and grandpa’s, and Dallin’s preschool teacher. The kids were definitely more enthusiastic about eating their trains than making them, but they loved delivering them!

DSC_0012

The tradition of the real tree is alive at our house!

DSC_0019

I braved the mall and took the kids to see Santa. The line was short- yea! When Dallin gave his list to Santa, it was a completely different one than he gave to me, and I was done with his shopping! Some frantic shopping followed to keep the magic alive.

DSC_0022

The kids’ posing in their Christmas clothes (I took this picture last Sunday):

DSC_0125

Christmas morning was crazy, mostly because I was on the naughty list and we got a dog! He was very cute but not the right fit for our family right now- too needy and whiney with 2 and 4 year olds in the house. He lasted 10 days before I decided to stop torturing myself and let him have a home that can give him all the attention he needs.

DSC_0038

Abbie got a dog we love:

DSC_0040

We had the traditional nativity at my parents’ and Jake’s. This year the kids played all the parts and it was hilarious and so much more relaxing for the adults!

DSC_0073

DSC_0070

All Jake’s brothers and sisters pitched in to give his parents and new flat screen tv. This was their reaction:

DSC_0090

We went ice skating with my little sister Veronica, who the kids call “Ca-ca”.

DSC_0094

DSC_0098

I made one New Year’s Resolution for 2011: Less guilt over what I don’t or can’t do, and more trying new things. I’m starting with the Joy-ography workshop this week and I’m really excited to learn to use my camera (my Christmas present from 2009) better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dallin looks just like Jake in his Christmas clothes, and Abbie looooks like she has to pee.