Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mr D

My Dallin is growing up right before my eyes. I blinked and now he's practically a grown boy! He tried out a couple of sports this winter like hip hop and taekwondo (mostly for my sake, because if Dallin isn't constantly engaged, entertained, or active, he gets nasty. to me. so I figured sports might take the pressure off a little) . He loved taekwondo but it was really costly. So we decided to try out soccer this spring, and Dallin had his first game today. He loved it! He was the tallest kid on the team, and ran full speed the entire game. His team won, 8-3.


Dallin bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting last week for the first time. He told me during the meeting that he wanted to go "up there next day" and when I told him we wouldn't have testimonies again till next month he said, "then I better go up right now!" His testimony made me so proud, and I cried, even though I was the one telling him what to say :)
Dallin has a best friend in the neighborhood, my friend Marisa's son Mason. They're in playgroup together, but these two love to play together and once a week just isn't enough, so they usually ask to have each other over more than twice a week! Sadly, Marisa and her family will probably be moving soon. So I snapped a few pictures just in case.


1 comment:

Allyson said...

they absolutely grow up too fast! He's sure cute! It SERIOUSLY seems like it could have been last summer that Christian was in a soccer uniform just like that and that age...but he's 14!!!!!! In fact he hasn't done soccer in many years! You blink and they suddenly have a deep voice and are taller than you!