Thursday, April 8, 2010

Healthy, Big, Smart

Today the kids had well check- ups at the dr and they're both HEALTHY! I'm so grateful because this is the first dr's visit since last July that Abbie hasn't had ear infections. JULY! She was one bad ear away from getting tubes put in. I'm also grateful they're healthy because I know there are lots of kids/ families out there that aren't so fortunate. A friend has been coordinating fundraisers for the family of a little boy who was diagnosed with cancer recently, and my heart goes out to them.

Both of my kids are also BIG. Dallin is in the 97th percentile for height, and Abbie is in the 95th! Abbie is also in the 90th percentile for weight. I never have to worry about force feeding her calories!

Dallin officially swindled me today. I decided to take the kids to McDonald's to get a hamburger when we left the dr because they were so good. The plan was to go through the drive thru and get them ONE hamburger each then go to the park- I'd packed other snacks. Dallin talked me into going inside to let them eat and play at the restaurant- my first mistake. Then once we were inside he saw the display for the kids meal toys, and a hamburger just wasn't going to cut it. I ended up buying happy meals for both kids! What a sucker.



No comments: