I've noticed, and maybe you've noticed too, that this blog, like my life, seems to center around my children and my role as a wife and a mother. I think it's been going on for a while, since, oh, about a second after Dallin was born. Well, lately I've been thinking that I need to write a little about me. Maybe this thought was stimulated by a Sunday School lesson on keeping a personal history (a blog can be a personal history, right??). Maybe it's because I was lovingly reprimanded for not including news of myself in our quarterly family newsletter. Either way, here's what's been going on with me lately!
I signed up with 11 of my friends/ acquaintances to run the Wasatch Back relay next summer. It's an all night, 187.9 mile race from Logan to Park City! I know, pure lunacy! I was hesitant to sign up at first because, as I've been known to say, I don't really love running. And one thing I do love is sleep, so I wasn't sure about staying up all night! But I was finally convinced that I didn't want to miss out on the "fun" and peer pressure won out in the end. So from now till June, I have to convince myself I love to run!
I was just released as the Laurel advisor in my ward, and called to be the camp director! Really, ME??? I don't really even like camping with my family! I guess this will be an opportunity to grow! I was also called as the Assistant Bear leader in scouts. 9 year old boys is very different from teaching 16 year old girls, alot like babysitting actually.
I've started teaching guitar lessons to my 11 year old cousin. I'm not surprised if you didn't even know I played the guitar, it's kind of a hidden talent. But I've loved teaching my cousin, because now I have an excuse to get my guitar out and play, something I enjoy.
I guess now it's on record that I'm MORE than just a wife and a mother.
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment