Thursday, September 4, 2008

Like Camping

Only BETTER!
This Labor Day, Jake had a four day weekend, and he and Dallin thought it would be fun to go camping. Luckily, it was supposed to rain and be really cold so we couldn't go! Hahaha. I actually don't hate camping, I'm just not a huge fan unless there's a boat involved. Instead of camping, we did lots of outdoor activities as a family, and I got to sleep in a bed every night!

Jake took his bike to Snowbird and rode the ski trails there. Dallin wanted to bike, too, so we rode around the neighborhood.
Then the whole famiy went to Snowbird, and we did the Alpine Slide. On the way home we stopped at the river and played in the water.
On Labor Day we went to my parents' house in Heber. We rode four-wheelers and shot clay pigeons with the shotgun. Yes, WE- I shot, too (but I missed every time!)

My parents were so great and took care of Abbie so I could enjoy the activities. You'd think they like her or something! Here's Abbie with my dad.

We had a great weekend, and the best part was, I never had to cook outside, sleep on the ground, or wash any clothes that smell like smoke!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Amen sister! I, too, don't necessarily mind camping (don't love it either), but it is SO tough with babies and toddlers. I love that you got to enjoy all the "perks" of camping, but without the crying, mud, and sore backs. :)

The Copes said...

We really miss you guys! The babies are getting so big! We hope you guys will be able to come down in December to go with us to the temple! We can't wait to see the kids! We love you!!!!

Jen-ben said...

Aw..miss you guys! And I really DON'T like camping. Not with babies anyway...