I'm not your typical SAHMM (Extra M for Mormon). I don't make my all own bread/ rolls/ tortillas. I don't (CAN'T) grow and can my own fruits and vegetables. I don't (CAN'T) sew all of my kids' clothes. I don't make all the decorations for my home. I don't make homemade gifts for my VT sisters.
Basically, all I do right now is cook, clean and do laundry.
It's kind of depressing.
I do work from home as an "Independent Advertising Consultant" for some people in my parents' ward, and make a substantial amount of money from what little time I'm able to spend working (usually less than an hour a day).
So now that it's starting to cool off outside and we'll be spending more time at home, I have some goals to improve my homemaking skills. I'm keeping it VERY SIMPLE and blogging about it so I'll actually follow through. Here they are:
- Learn to make rolls
- Learn to make bread
- Learn to sew on buttons (This really isn't a joke- I do not know how to sew a button on, nor do I have a needle and thread! In the past, I've taken important clothes to my mother-in-law to be re-buttoned. I improvise for unimportant clothes- like use a belt if the top button comes off pants/ shorts. Embarrassing, I know!)





8 comments:
When you make rolls, I'll be excited to test a batch! Isn't it the best to be able to decide what we want to learn and then go for it. I love staying home and deciding my life!
Wow! You cook, clean, AND do laundry! I'd say that's a lot better than me! I love all the things you don't do. I think it says a lot about a person and their priorities. You are a great mom and wife! Good luck with the bread thing. Let me know when you get a great recipe.
You go girl, you can do it! I have a great bread recipe adapted from a recipe Nora gave me. My goal this month is to figure out when I'm going to work out. Yikes, I'm getting flabbier, I need another triathlon to keep me motivated.
I love you! I just sewed on my first button a few months ago. I had never done it before. I just donated clothes that lost a button.
I have a couple great and easy bread recipes I got on my mission.
My goal is to buy a sewing machine and...use it. :-)
So ...how did it go!?
I found your blog on Jenny's!!
My mom tried a new roll recipe on Sunday and it was delicious! If I'm being honest, I don't usually care for homemade rolls, but these ones...WOW...I couldn't get enough :)
Kim
Ditto!! I am very un-morman as well.
We are in West Jordan! Just off 70th South and about 15th West in my sisters townhouse that we're renting :)
Rolls shmolls. :) You'll be surprised how easy bread really is. And the button...you'll get in no time. No you just have to learn to make your own curtains and can peaches. HA!
Post a Comment