I'm not a spontaneous person. I like to make plans in advance and I like to follow my plans EXACTLY. I also like to follow a schedule for myself and my kids to avoid breakdowns- both for them and for me. So when Jake's aunt, who lives in Phoenix, invited Jake on an all-expenses-paid trip to sing at his cousin's farewell, I shocked Jake by saying I wanted to bring the kids and come, too! I figured I could stay home and be miserable for sure, being bitter that I was taking care of the kids alone while Jake was on yet ANOTHER trip, or go to Phoenix and take the chance that I would have an amazing time. So Jake's aunt paid for our gas, and off we went! And we did have an amazing time! The drive was long, no doubt, but both of the kids were REALLY good. Surprisingly good. (Thank heavens for a DVD player!) Dallin didn't really have any problems, took a nap going down and coming home, and only asked once per each way to get out of the car. Abbie was a trooper- sleeping alot and hardly ever crying. And we spent 3 days swimming in their pool, being waited on hand and foot, visiting with family, and trying to avoid going outside into the 100 degree heat. Seriously, 100 degrees, in September! The AC was on full blast all the time, and the house only got down to about 77 degrees! And it felt GOOD! I could never live there. But it was fun to visit!
Abbie's gotten so chubby lately that her swimsuit was too small when I put it on that day! 


I'm so glad we went! Dallin had the time of his life and keeps saying, "I LOVE Arizona!" Abbie had a hard time the last night, but nothing to make me wish we'd stayed home. And I was so relaxed I kept forgetting to take pictures! So sorry, no pictures of the new Elder!






4 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! I love the heat!
I love that pool, and I love Phoenix, I'm glad you finally experienced a vacation with your kids, and enjoyed it.
Looks like a blast! Good for you for letting your guard down a little! And you kids are still stunningly gorgeous!
awesome!! It looks like so much fun!
p.s. the pic was taken downtown.
Post a Comment