Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 1- Disneyland

Disneyland was indescribably fun! This wasn’t just the kids’ first time going, it was mine, too. I thought it would be like Lagoon, only bigger and a little fancier. I’m so glad I was wrong! We spent all day our first day at Disneyland- almost open to close. It was so exciting for the kids, and such a blast to see everything through their eyes!

DSC_0124

DSC_0143

Our first day in California, Abbie woke up at 5:15 am Cali time (6:15 UT time). 5:15!! She usually sleeps till at least 7:30 at home! Obviously she was too excited to sleep, even at only 2 1/2 years old! So this is what happened part way through day one:

DSC_0145

She was so tired she cried to go back to the hotel room to sleep, and was asleep in the stroller before we even got out of the park. So I just found a quiet spot and had a little break myself!

A highlight of course is meeting the characters! (The amusement park presented some difficult challenges to my modest photography skills. My camera seemed huge, I couldn’t find our point-n-shoot, and all the characters move so fast! They didn’t want to wait for me to get the “perfect” shot!)

DSC_0153

DSC_0166

DSC_0172

DSC_0179

It was a magical but exhausting day. It felt like I walked at least 10 miles. I feel asleep by 9:30!

1 comment:

Fern said...

Holy COW! I didn't know it was your first time at Disneyland. That's crazy. Haha. That makes it even more random that we ran into you guys. TWICE!