Yesterday, I experienced the greatest fear of almost every mother in the world- I lost a child at a huge, busy, public place. As we were coming home from St. Louis, ABBIE DISAPPEARED AT THE DALLAS AIRPORT.
After lunch, Dallin and I headed off to the bathroom, and the fateful event happened: Jake thought Abbie was coming with me, and I thought she was staying with him. So I walked off down the hall, completely oblivious that Abbie was behind me. When Dallin and I got back to Jake, Abbie was gone. I have never been more worried in my life. I sprinted back to the bathrooms, no sign of her. Jake then raced off while I stayed with Dallin, and he checked every stall in the men's bathroom, praying he wouldn't find Abbie in there with some sicko.
A gut-wrenching 10 minutes later, my name was called over the intercom, asking me to go to a terminal. I sprinted in that direction as fast as I could, dragging Dallin along with me. And there was Abbie, safe and sound with a pilot, some flight attendants, and security! She had been found THREE terminals down the hall from us, pushing a doll in her stroller. Luckily the stroller was tagged with my name and flight info, so they were able to call me right away. As we were walking back to Jake, we met the man that had found Abbie and taken her to security. I hugged him immediately- I cannot express how grateful I am that she was found by someone nice!
Ten minutes later Abbie threw a tantrum when I wouldn't let her go the bathroom with Jake. It was the sweetest tantrum I've ever seen.





2 comments:
im glad you found her! and way to be optimistic with the tantrum. :)
That is TER-I-FY-ING!!!! I'm so glad it worked out in the end. It is a lesson to me as well, because I could totally see something like this happening to Michael and I. I have a new resolve to make sure I communicate clearly with him in those moments.
Post a Comment