Today, I finally had the experience of feeling that a conference talk was meant specifically for me. I realize it's June, and conference was over 2 months ago, but with two active little kids I wasn't able to listen to even one complete talk during conference, and I'm slowly making my way through them in the Ensign.
The talk that touched my heart was this one by Julie B. Beck. My favorite quote from her talk is, "A good woman knows that she does not have enough time, energy, or opportunity to take care of all of the people or do all of the worthy things her heart yearns to do." Amen! Over the past few months I have been doing SIX callings in my ward. Yes, SIX- including choir, visiting teaching and substituting in primary (which I got called to do at least 3 times a month). My old friend guilt kept me saying yes to all of these things, because I felt I wasn't able to say no. I was wearing myself ragged, not able to find time for myself, and my poor husband and children had to put up with my stress. So when I read this talk this morning, I finally felt like I could say no to some things- guilt free! I'm still willing to serve, but I don't have to do EVERYthing, all of the time. Right now I need the time to focus on the most important thing in my life- taking care of my family.





No comments:
Post a Comment